Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Yesh"

Every day when we pull into the driveway, grant begins to say, "Yesh? Yesh!" in an excited pleading, giggly way.

For some reason, in his mind, "yesh"(yes) means playing outside. I'm not sure how he came up with that...Maybe because every single time I ask him if he wants to go outside, he says, "yesh." And then I say, "yes?" And then he replies back with a giggle, "YESH!"

Yeah, that's probably why.

And it's so cute. I mean, it really is. Really.

but.
When I'm pulling into the driveway at the end of my day, all I can think about is wanting to sit down on my comfy couch in the warm house. Not on the hard bench in the cold outside. But Grant always wins the "yesh" battle. We stay out there until I somehow lure him inside with the promise of snacks or a surprise.

I'm a terrible mother. :)

4 comments:

tpot said...

That's so cute! Love that poochy tummy.

Stephanie said...

sounds like a pretty great mama to me!!

La said...

The neighborhood we moved to is full of families our age with lots of kids. These people are outside ALL the TIME! Like, they pull their lawn chairs out on their driveways and watch their kids play for hours. I'm so not like that and it makes me feel bad sometimes. But hello! Who's inside cooking dinner or washing clothes when they're out there playing? I think they must play outside all they can before the long, (LONG) cold winter sets in. Yeah, I'm probably going to wish I had followed their lead....

Grant is so squishy cute in those pictures!

Meems said...

La---Yes, for sure, you will. When we moved to Ohio we thought people were crazy. Everytime it was sunny out they acted like it was a miracle. We soon became those crazy people.:)

Jenny-He is too cute! That is such a precious age. Faith has me take her bike riding every evening and sadly, I have to make myself do it...shame on me.