After being handed my christmassy Starbucks cup this morning, I made the decision.
It's time for Christmas Music.
I'm usually adamantly opposed to Christmas Music until after Thanksgiving.
Not this year.
I reached in my car console and found the one CD that had lasted the whole year in my car, slid it in to the CD player, and in moments Oh, Holy Night began to play.
I cried! I always cry the first time I hear a Christmas song. It doesn't really matter which one. It's like the surge of nostalgic memories mixed with the hope of what the season means is just too much.
I'm so very glad that I decided it was time.
She writes with tears brimming in her eyes as pandora plays The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole...
5 comments:
yay! you just gave me permission to change to my christmas stations on pandora. :) :) :)
You're making me panic, like I need to get all the shopping done or something. Nevermind, don't listen to me. Just keep listening to your music, and I'll deal with myself later.
I've already started listening to Christmas music. I had to listen to put myself in the mood to make Christmas cards. Now if only I can be inspired to start decorating.
I just love when it is that time of year and you talk of christmas music. I love it too.
We started listening last week. I think the anticipation of Christmas is the best time of the year.
Post a Comment