I mentioned a few days back that i wanted to make a pillow for my little
bench. So, today, I endeavored to do so. I had two wishes for the little pillow:
1) I didn't want to spend any money
2) I didn't want it to be super matchy matchy with
the wall and I wanted it to have a somewhat pieced together look.
 |
So, I thought I could use this quilt that I picked up at a flea market. I thought about just cutting out one of the circular patterns and sewing it onto a pillow, but I just couldn't bring myself to cutting up this beautiful thing. I just couldn't! Someone, a long time ago, spent,what I would imagine to be, a very long time hand sewing this quilt. I just couldn't find it in me to butcher it for the sake of one teeny tiny throw pillow. |
 |
| However. I didn't find it as hard to cut off a few small pieces from around the already disintegrating edges. So I did and I thought they were so pretty and had a great texture to them. But I had no idea what exactly I wanted to do with them... |
 |
| I also had this yellow skirt. My sister in law gave it to me in a bag of clothes she was getting rid of and I absolutely adored it! However, it looked really terrible on me. But I just couldn't part ways with it. So I cut out pieces of the skirt pattern that i liked and ripped out the sheer lining. | | |
|
 |
| And this is what I got! The gray pillow was made from a gray spare pillow case. I stuffed it with the old stuffing of a pillow I don't use. I sewed the ripped edge skirt lining onto the front of the gray and then sewed the yellow skirt pieces onto that. Topped it off with a little quilt flower looking thing. The actual sewing of the pillow took maybe 20 minutes. The deciding what on earth to do with all the stuff took like 2 hours. Seriously. I have a problem with committing to a design. But, I love it now! :) |
 |
| Isn't it the perfect touch for my wall? I really do love it. And I love even more that I made it for FREE! The only thing I am going to have to buy is either cream thread or fabric glue to tack down a few pieces of the yellow skirt. The best color I had was gray thread and it just looked weird as the applique color. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
And that is the story of how this pillow came to be.
3 comments:
Love the pillow! I can barley sew a button.
said it once, say it again, i.am.in.love with that pillow.
that is all.
Awesomeness!! My 2 favorite things! Free & adorable
Post a Comment