I have thoroughly enjoyed spring break. I do not want it to end. Except that its end means summer is quickly approaching. That makes my heart beat wildly with anticipation.
I'm deleting pictures from my computer. I have deleted 17 gb, about 4000 pictures, and have barely made a dent. Managing the massive amount of pictures I take is something I should be more...well, it's something I should, like, do.
I am absolutely adoring this spring weather. I love it. Today, with its 42 degree frigidness, is stupid. But I know it won't last! I just feel like spring makes me want to go, do and smile! It's like the house just feels cleaner, the world just seems happier...I always love spring in spring and fall in fall. I think, maybe, I just like seasons.
I also like to overuse the word just.
Would you still consider me a friend if I...told you...no I can't.
It's just that I wanted something to watch.
You know...something to watch while I edited.
And the thing that sounded best was...no! I can't tell you this. It's too shameful.
I'm still me.
Just...me...on the dark side.
Okay, here it goes.
I went to Hastings last night at midnight and bought New Moon.
I just heard the massive click of all of you deleting me from your blog rolls.
It's not that I am that obsessed with it. really! I just had to be up late anyway...and I was going to buy it anyway...and what's the sense in waiting when you could have it now...and it's spring break and you should do crazy stupid things like that during spring break...
And then stay up till 2:30 am watching it.
I swear I won't show up to the eclipse premiere three days early with a tent.
I hope...
To prove that I am still me, I will now write about laundry.
I am sick of jeans. I am sicker still of socks.
Sicker still is a perfectly fine phrase to use.
The other day I was holding 9 socks in my hands. All Mason's size. Not ONE matched the other. These were all white athletic socks.
I am very tempted to throw away every pair of socks we own and enforce a Hanes only rule.
This sock comment reminds me that when I was growing up we had our initials scrawled on our socks with sharpies, so my mom could match them for us. Right now I have two thoughts on that matter.
1) My mom was a smart woman.
2) How in heaven's name did she match socks for all eight hundred of us?!
Every day I realize new superhuman qualities that my mom embodies.
If you need something to do on Friday nights, because maybe you're like me and would prefer to do nothing but sit on the couch at the end of a long week, then watch "Who do you think you are?" on NBC. Celebrities search to find things out about their ancestors. It's not that I really care who Lisa Kudrow is related to, but it's history. Maybe, I'm just a nerd, but I've always been fascinated with who is on the highest branch of my family tree. Last night's episode with Lisa Kudrow was especially...haunting. Her family history took her to Nazi Germany... Next week Matthew Broderick is up...tune in!
I've got like 20,000 pics left to delete...sheesh.
3 comments:
I will not, can not, comment on New Moon. I will let it pass. You are still young and don't know any better. LOL!!!!
Before you start marking up all your son's socks, remember 2 things. One, you were all homeschooled. If your socks had your names in it, hardly anyone saw them. Two, your sons are not homeschooled and have to take off their socks for P.E. But, before you despair, I at least have a suggestion. Safety Pins! They work great and you don't have anymore lost socks! Or at least, if they do get lost, they get lost together. If you don't find any mate-less socks, how do you know if any are missing. Plus, safety pins eliminate the need to match socks and fold them! Jess and I still use them.
You can sometimes find plastic sock holders, if you don't want Mason messing with safety pins.
Ditto about Who Do You Think You Are? I watched it week one and have been hooked ever since. It's fascinating! And makes me cry. Every time.
I just marked K & M's on our girls socks upon returning from Spring Break. Funny you should mention it. I hope I don't put McKenzie through too much turmoil in Gym. I thought about sewing their initial but that's way too much effort for the purpose. Just 11 more mondays and we are done w/school. Enjoyed seeing the boys at Adam's party, missed you but glad you were working and doing what you love second to being a mom.
Post a Comment