Saturday, October 3, 2009

nearing that hill...

So, I turned 28 on Thursday. twenty-eight.
I was watching an episode of Friends the other day, and Rachel said something like, "I'm a 28 year old cheerleader with a fat lip..."

I am as old as Rachel was in like season 6.
It's just weird!

But my birthday was great! As luck would have it, I had a staff development that day so I didn't even have to teach. However, Troy was a little bummed. See, he and Bekah had a goodie basket sitting on my desk waiting for me and I wasn't there!
But I got it the next day. And my students were super sweet about it. And I got several handmade cards full of "you're the greatest teacher ever" notes.

Then, on Thursday night Bekah, Troy, Mason, Grant and I had dinner and then Bekah took me to see Fame. We were the only ones in the theater so we chatted it up the whole movie. It was pretty good, but nothing amazing. But it was the perfect chill out movie which I definitely needed!

It was a good birthday!

Oh! And I had a very mysterious gift left by my garage. It was a super cute and comfy shirt and a very sweet card! But no name! It's been driving me crazy! Who was it!? Fess up! :) You made my day!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

WHAT??!! How did I miss that we have the same birthday?!! But I turned 29...

Wendy said...

I was totally going to remember your birthday this year. I have no excuse. It's the same day as Z's and I should have remembered. I'm glad to hear it was a good one.

tpot said...

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so glad it was a good one!

Tammie said...

How the heck did you get to be 28?!?!? I thought I was just 30! Guess I better do better math. Oh, well. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful day.