Sunday, November 9, 2008

books.

I am addicted to Hastings.

One, they have coffee.
Two, they have books.
Three, they have comfy chairs that don't come with babbling children attached.

I read books of quotes, books on photography, books about sewing, books for runners. I sigh when I see coloring books that remind me of my childhood. I almost cry when I smell the newness of a crisp new book. I wish I had money to buy mason a math workbook and the animal encyclopedia stickerbook and the book on doodling for boys. I leave a trail of books behind me as I decide that I don't need to buy that book. Tonight, I again came home empty handed. I peeled a book out of my hands at the register and walked resolutely out the door. With a deep sigh.

And now, after being reinvigorated by images of photographic perfection, memories of my creativity-allowing childhood, and a mocha masterpiece coursing through my veins, I will edit some pictures.

But i really wish I had that book....sigh....

4 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

keep taking pictures like these, and you'll be able to buy all the books you want. you are amazing. the books shall surely follow.

Wendy said...

PS my mom bought a couple of photography books at a garage sale this weekend and told me she'd give them to you when she's done reading them. Free books are the best.

Kia said...

have you looked for the books on half.com? I buy all of my books for school on there for a lot less than the school bookstore. You just need the author's name or the title of the book.

cls said...

paperbackswap.com

I never, ever buy books anymore. It's the best!