Friday, August 6, 2010

that's it. I'm done.

I work a very full time job. teaching.
I run a part time photography business.
My husband just started a 60 hours a week job.
I have two boys. not girls. BOYS. big difference.
I host several more boys weekly since we live in a cul-de-sac, have the biggest yard in the circle, and a wii.
I have two dogs, a cat, and sea monkeys.
okay, so the sea monkeys don't really play into what I'm about to say, but i just like writing in threes.
I'm done. I give up.
I'm hiring a maid.
I can't keep up with the mess any longer.
I lie. I could.
but I.don't.want.to.

I'm done.
I'm willing to pay somebody to take something off this plate of mine.
Some wonderful soul who will come and make my house sparkle and shine for at least a few minutes before the boys, the dogs, the neighborhood children, and let's be honest here, I, mess it all up again.
Does this mean I'm weak?
i don't particularly care if it does.
Weak. I am weak.
Send me a maid!
She shall make me strong again.
And make my floors smell of pinesol and my kitchen sink smell of ajax.
and I shall sit in my clean house and play with my children whilst not feeling guilty about the mess.
I embrace my weakness, my shortcoming as a housekeeper and beg of you, send me a maid!

If you know of anyone who is a maid, knows someone who knows a maid, knows someone who knows someone who once had a maid, or just want to share stories of the wonderful things a maid can bring into your life, please comment.

I just want someone to come maybe every other week to clean the bathrooms, sweep, mop, dust, vacuum, and clean the kitchen. Not wash the dishes. But the actual kitchen. I don't need bed linens changed or the silver polished or the 64 pleats in my favorite house dress ironed. Just the house to be cleaned.

Help. :) Much appreciated.

PS. You should read the book The Help by Kathryn Stockett. The best book I've read in a long time. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder how things were ever the way they were... Go to the nearest library now and get it.
After you send me the name of some maids, of course. :)

5 comments:

cls said...

I agree - The Help is fantastic! By far the best book I've read all year.

And don't feel bad. I have a maid and having her saved my marriage. She comes every other week and does what you mentioned in your blog, except she also washes our dishes. We pay her $55 each time she comes, so $110 a month. It is SO WORTH IT. You are not weak (I don't even have children and I ahve a stinkin' maid)!!

Life is too short to be full of menial tasks that take away from what we really want to do, ESPECIALLY if you work full-time. If you can afford it, do it. Heck, if you can't afford it right now, re-do your budget and skimp in other places so you can.

It will change your life. Really.

Stephanie said...

I know of two people in San Angelo who clean houses. One is my mama, but Im not sure she has any openings. You may have to get on her list...she is THAT good. lol

The other lady is a friend looking for people to clean for, but I have no idea if she is any good.

If you want more info, email me. stephrhena@yahoo.com

Tammie said...

Oh, Man! That is a fantastic idea! Maybe, I can convince Jess that we need one too!

Leslie said...

I had one for a little while towards the end of my pregnancy. It was fabulous and I miss it now :o( Let me know if you want her information. I am not sure if she has spots or not but you can definitely contact her to find out. I am hoping we can "re-budget" and eventually get her or someone back!

Anonymous said...

LOVED the Help. And I am so glad to see you are embracing your weakness. Does a soul good to admit we need help every now and then. Take a deep breath. It will be thanksgiving break before you know it.
Big sister advice I hired a maid three years ago when David started his company and I was subbing and helping run a new office and being a mom and a volunteer. I say embrace the weakness w/as much gusto as you hate to clean. HOw's that.
Christy