wife, mother, believer, teacher, photographer, writer, daughter, friend, runner, dreamer, reader, planner, procrastinator, music lover, sugar addict, owl cartoonist, bug hater, to do list maker, random thought sharer...and this is where it all goes.
Monday, June 7, 2010
I believe this is what heaven will taste like.
At home there are three plum trees. And every Memorial Day weekend through mid June they produce the most delicious plums you'll ever have in your whole entire life. They are juicy and sweet, deep purple on the outside, crimson on the inside. They are best straight off the branch. And because they're completely organic, and they were long before organic was a term the whole world knew, they can be eaten straight from the tree. warm from the sun. It would have made more sense for me to have gone home this week, rather than last week, but these plums would have been gone if I had waited. I didn't wait.

The trees aren't really that big. But in years when the rain has been plentiful, and the weather has been just right, the trees are loaded with them. While I was there I had to of eaten dozens upon dozens of the tiny purple plumps of heaven. I didn't make a dent.
Grant and Mason had their fair share too. Didn't matter. There were still more...and more...and more...
You could pick this many in a matter of minutes. Mom and I rescued twice this many while a storm was blowing in and ripping them from their branches. I was sure the trees would be bare the next morning. Nope. I was still able to pick about four boxes worth before I headed home.
So with what remains of the amount I brought home, I think I'm going to attempt to make jam today. I have no clue what that involves. But through the miracle of the internet (and mom being a cell phone call away), I think I'll find out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMGoodness, those remind me of the ones on my mama's plum trees and her incredible plum jelly! to die for! but, alas, they don't produce anymore, just "plum" wore out I guess!
yummyyyyyyy!!!!
UGh! Did you save me any?! Haha! I want to know how the jelly turned out. Jelly making has always been one of those elusive skills I have always wanted to try.
Post a Comment