Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Pictures Part 1: The strawberry farm

Sweet Berry Farms is about two miles from my mom's house. They grow fields and fields of the best tasting strawberries and after getting your pickin' basket from Brother Max, the pastor of my childhood church, you head out to the field, row and strawberry plant of your choice. And start pickin'! And I'll just tell you right now- if you think a little dust on a bright red strawberry is enough to keep you from trying a few as you're picking...well, you're wrong. You simply can't resist. They're just too good.
Aunt Bekah with her hands full of the sweet strawberry goodness..


I realize that Mason looks very much like a ragamuffin in this picture. there was no changing him out of those clothes. or shoes. And he's a six year old boy - isn't ragamuffin just part of the deal?

Grant liked the goats that were accidentally set free while we were there. Every time they got close to him he laughed the most adorable little nervous giggle.

He was so excited to be picking strawberries...


...until I had the audacity to yank away an overly ripe strawberry that was about to be in his mouth.

He was so terribly heartbroken.


This smile is part of the reason you don't see many pictures of mase lately. That and him running from me and the camera...


We had to practically drag Mason and Bekah off the fields...


Mason LOVES his aunt bekah... and I do to! :) She drove to MF with us and man, having a grown up to talk to sure does make the drive so much better!

I love pictures of Grant walking away. You can't tell in the pictures but he has recently started walking with a very swingy left arm. It's so cute. He looks like he's trying to go so fast, but his little legs just won't keep up with his swingin' arms.

So, after picking like 6 pounds of strawberries we went home and had Strawberries on top of Falling Down Cake (the worlds best cake) with whip cream. I have no pictures of that because...well, i was busy. : )
Hopefully, more easter pics to come!

4 comments:

kj said...

falling down cake?!?!?!? with fresh picked strawberries and whip cream?!?!?!?!?! where was i?!?!?!?!?! hello!! i'm pregnant!! don't post things like that unless you have some saved for me! :)

La said...

we have a strawberry farm about 30 minutes from our house and we went last summer. it was great! and like you guys, we ate and ate and ate the strawberries. i think aulora made herself sick from eating so many while we were there. we went home and had homemade strawberry icecream that night. good, good memories.

btw, sorry to tell you but the cheesy smile phase does not end anytime soon.

Meems said...

I really wish we had a farm of any sort here. Do you know of one within a couple of hours. The kids and I love day trips, but I've looked in the past and I can't seem to find one that advertises online.

Love the pictures you took of Jeff and Mitzi.

marme said...

oh goodness me, i want some of your falling down cake! ogm, with fresh picked strawberries! I want to go with you next time!

ironic, but MY best friend is moving to marble falls!

i LOVE these pics! so fun!