Sunday, June 7, 2009

mason.


Yesterday, while driving to a birthday party, I missed a turn. "Oh, for the love of all that is good and holy!" I exclaimed. I know. I'm quite the potty mouth. Mason then says from the backseat, "I knew you were going to say that...I just say Sweet Niblets!"
I don't know if I should be more concerned that he expects me to say random blasphemous phrases while driving or that he has his own phrases for moments of frustration. Straight from hannah montana.

Yesterday, for a few hours he decided he wasn't going to speak. He was just going to use sign language and notes. I think this was supposed to be seen as some sort of punishment for Troy and I. If only the kid knew. This is what his first non-talking note said. " I don't wunt to tolc inemoor. Im serius." It was a great couple of hours.

Grant has been talking more. The other day he said thank you, which sounds much more like NayNoo than thank you, after we prompted him to numerous times. Mason just grinned at him so big and said, "He's so cute when he learns new words." Big brother is quite smitten by little brother. Until little brother rips pages out of his special kindergarten journal...then it gets kind of ugly.

Don't ask a 6 year old for opinions on hair. "yeah. That DOES look weird." Look of disgust while he shakes his head.

He is so into his garden. His poor little garden that his black thumbed mom helped him plant. "Mom!" he shouts as he comes running in from the garden, "there are th-ree blossoms on my squash plant! THU-REE! Come look. Come look like right now!" Something in that garden better produce something otherwise we're gonna have one crushed six year old farmer.

1 comment:

tpot said...

That's so sweet! I can't wait to hear Grant talking. Go, Mason, I'm sure you're garden will be just as great as Ge-ma's.