Wednesdays used to be my least favorite day of the week.
I'm worn out from Monday and Tuesday. And Friday still seems really far away.
In fact, I think I wrote a post once about how I always cry on Wednesdays. Because I do! It's bizarre really.
Wednesdays are when tired meets overwhelmed. And if you put Jenny in with tired and overwhelmed, you will get tears every.single.time.
But this year, Wednesdays are quite wonderful.
And here's why.
I walk in the door from school and the first thing I smell is Pinesol, with a hint of bleach mixed in.
I walk into the kitchen to find gleaming counters, a shining sink, and a spotless stovetop.
There are perfect little vacuum lines on all the carpets.
The couch cushions are pleasantly fluffed.
The bathroom glistens.
The boys' beds smell of downy and are neatly made.
The wood floor are spotless.
The game room floor is devoid of the millions of grass pieces that are trekked in by the dogs.
Dust has been banished.
You get the picture.
On Wednesdays, I pay Kylah to clean my house.
And it's the best thing I ever decided to do.
I couldn't find a maid. She cleans like no other. It just worked. :)
And, now, well, now when I walk in the door on Wednesday, all is right with the world.
Truly, it's amazing how much having someone clean my house has helped in so many other ways. Because she comes and will be coming again, the house stays picked up. Because she does all the real cleaning, I've organized and cleaned out closets and done those things that used to be left undone because I could barely just surface clean.
But more than anything, it's just given me such a peace of mind. It just feels so good to have a clean house. Like super clean. She's amazing. Like, you have no idea. And to know it will feel this clean again the following week is just the sweet little cherry on top of the best sundae ever.
I can admit that I have a lot on my plate. Not as much as some by any means, but still a lot. And I just wasn't getting it all done...Also, I've never liked cleaning and never been very good at it so it was always this source of...well, shame. Does that make sense? So, now that it's being done and done well, I just feel...better. Like, because this one major thing has been taken off my plate, the rest of it seems so much more doable.
Wednesdays are quickly becoming my very favorite day of the week.
Thank you, Kylah, for doing so much more than just cleaning my house.
:)
Now, are there any takers for paper grading? Anyone? Anyone? Hello?
:)
1 comment:
you are so welcome, my friend. and how could i not do a great job with the kind of praise you give me every wednesday afternoon when you get home?! i'm glad to help out in this small way. :)
Post a Comment